Ginger Peach Whiskey Sours
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 Whiskey Sours plus extra ginger syrup for more
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 TB finely minced ginger
- 1 cup fresh squeeze lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh peach juice (or bottled peach nectar)
- 2 cups bourbon whiskey
- 8 pieces crystallized ginger
- 8 maraschino cherries
- 8 toothpicks
- Combine water, sugar, and ginger in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and chill well.
- Ginger syrup will keep in the fridge for several weeks.
- When ready to serve combine lemon juice, peach juice, whiskey, and 1 cup ginger syrup in a pitcher.
- Serve in high ball glasses over ice and garnish each with a toothpick skewered with 1 piece crystallized ginger and 1 cherry.
Use a microplane to finely grate the ginger or to speed prep, you can use bottled minced ginger. If you like you can strain the syrup through a sieve to remove ginger pieces, but we like the extra spice it gives to the final cocktail when you leave it in.