Grilled Thai Style Pork and Shrimp Meatballs Recipe
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Yield: Makes 6 servings, 3 meatballs per serving.
- 1 Tablespoon lemon grass roughly chopped
- 2 Tablespoons ginger root roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 6 scallions white and green roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 Tablespoon soy
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 pound ground pork
- In the bowl of a food processor add all the ingredients except the shrimp and pork.Pulse the processor 4 or 5 times to chop all the seasoning together. Add the shrimp and pulse again to finely chop the shrimp. (Some chunks are fine.) Scrape into a mixing bowl add the ground pork and mix together thoroughly.
- Make 18 meatballs using 1/4-cup scoop or measuring cup and pat into round shape
- with wet hands.
- Place in the meatball grill basket or on a hot grill pan and grill for 5-6 minutes per side until well browned.
Pre-heat grill 15 minutes before starting. The trick to this recipe is to use a meatball [grilling basket|https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/category/outdoor-cookware/12297/] (it will help grill the meatballs in a snap) and a food processor.